Get Involved with Our Cause
"Volunteers are not unpaid because they are worthless, but because they are priceless."- Erma Bombeck
Volunteerism is the practice of people working on behalf of others for a particular cause without payment for their time and services. There are three major benefits of volunteering: Economic, Social, & Individual Career.
- 51% of Americans volunteer their time
- Over 1,000 community members are already enjoying the benefits of volunteering
- Volunteering benefits your health? It’s true, volunteering provides a sense of well-being and positive social interaction. It just makes you feel good!
- When you volunteer you also learn new skills!
- Volunteering gives you a chance to meet new friends!
Ways to Volunteer
Youth Sports Coach
Be a 'life leader' and role model for young children. Share your talents coaching in one of our many sports and leagues. Don't know anything? We can help!
Board of Directors
Help enhance our goals, programs, facility development and set policies as a 'leader in action'.
Help be a 'friend of the YMCA' as a Campaigner in our Everyone Belongs Campaign to raise funds for financial assistance.
Serve on one of our standing committees or special ad-hoc committees. These committees do the research for our board and are considered the 'guts of the YMCA'.