YMCA Swim Lessons are focused on keeping kids safe in and around water while developing confidence and skills that last a lifetime. Our programs are about more than just the techniques and skills. They are about nurturing swimming skills and developing self-esteem. When it comes to swimming and water safety, no one is trusted more than the YMCA, America’s Swim Instructor. In fact, group swim instruction was developed by the YMCA in 1906.
GROUP LESSON CLASS TIMES & DESCRIPTIONS
Parent/Tot Water Safety
6 mos–3 yrs | Mon & Wed, 6:10–6:40pm
Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Ages 4–5 | Mon & Wed, 6:10–6:40pm
Increases comfort with under water exploration, and introduces basic self rescue skills performed with assistance.
Levels 2 & 3
Tues & Thurs, 9:10–9:40am
- Water Movement (Level 2): Beginner: Encourages forward movement iater and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
- Water Stamina (Level 3): Beginner: Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stage.
Levels 4 & 5
Tues & Thurs, 9:45–10:15am
- Stroke Introductions (Level 4): Students will learn stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl, and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick. Water safety is reinforced through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- Stroke Development (Level 5): Students will work on stroke technique and learn all major competitive strokes. The emphasis on water safety continues through treading water and sidestroke.
Learn More About Swim Lesson Stages
Session 1: June 6–29 / June 7–30
Session 2: July 11–Aug 3 / July 12–Aug 4
Registration deadline is Tuesday before each session.
- $20 Free/reduced lunch members
- $30 Members
- $35 Free/reduced lunch participants
- $45 Program participants